[geeks] FYI - crazy offer from Microsoft Live, eBay, PayPal (25% cashback)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 14:20:17 CDT 2008

Hello all,

Over at http://hot-deals.org/ they have a link that appears valid, and gets you 20 or 25% cashback on your "buy-it-now" purchases.

I just followed the instructions (they are very clear), and I ordered one of the Sun V65x servers and earned almost $75 in cash back (on a $300 server purchase). Then I went and bought 5 more HD trays (the system ships with one 73 Gig SCSI HD installed, 5 blanks installed) and got another $10 back (off a $40 purchase + S/H).

As I understand the promotion I have one more "buy it now" cash back purchase, not sure what to "spend" it on. Downside is you have to wait 60 days for the cash back (they deposit it into your PayPal account).

If you are on the fence regarding a "buy-it-now" item at eBay (it has to be BIN as I understand it), this might help you decide...

All I know is I tried it and it worked for me, YMMV, be sure and read the instructions, and MAKE SURE you see the cash back note on your order confirmation page before you confirm the order. Again, follow the instructions and you could get a good deal.

I thought others here might be interested in the offer - good luck!

Lionel

(I did get the "cash back" notifications in my "My eBay" messages section listing my purchases and cash back amounts. Interestingly, I got 25% back, the original posting at http://hot-deals.org/ says 20%...)