[geeks] Pages question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 25 01:32:11 CDT 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I have a formatting question that I can't seem to fine the answer for.
> It has to do with controlling the first line of a paragraph separate
> from the rest of the paragraph.

In the ruler, there is a device that looks like the blade of a spade,
pointing downwards.  It is actually a pair of devices, one shaped like a
hyphen, and one shaped like a downwards-pointing triangle.

Drag the triangle as far in as you want the body, and then drag the hyphen
back to the left margin.

If it helps any, it's exactly the same as in Microsoft Word and in
AppleWorks, except the widget looks slightly different.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi