[geeks] Multitools?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:56:43 CDT 2008

>> I'm tempted to just get another Wave, but I'm also curious to see what else
>> is out there  My needs are pretty simple.  My biggest requirement is the
>> blades have to be accessible from the outside.  It'd be nice if the other
>> tools were as well, but I didn't mind having to open my Wave to get to the
>> other tools so it's not a must have.

> i carried the original leatherman and like it when i started with unix.
> the phillips screwdriver will take out #2, #1, #0 screws.
> the phillips screwdriver extended out enough to take the sun screws out of
> the cable tie-downs.
> (one of the admins got a gerber as a gift but it wasn't long enough to
> remove the screws.)

For computer work, the original Leatherman is still my choice for this
reason. It's small enough to fit into a lot of places, but has
everything you need to get the job done.

I've also got a Wave and two different Gerber tools, but the basic model
leatherman gets used far more.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog