[geeks] Multitools?

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:08:49 CDT 2008

I've got a little dilemma on my hands.  I've misplaced my beloved
Leatherman Wave (the pre-2004 design).  :(  It's actually been MIA for a
while, and while I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of, it
hasn't turned up yet.  So I think it's time for me to give up on looking
for it and just get something to replace it.  (Of course, this means the
Wave will inevitably turn up shortly after it's replacement arrives.)

I'm tempted to just get another Wave, but I'm also curious to see what
else is out there  My needs are pretty simple.  My biggest requirement
is the blades have to be accessible from the outside.  It'd be nice if
the other tools were as well, but I didn't mind having to open my Wave
to get to the other tools so it's not a must have.

So what do you guys use/like as far as multitools are concerned?