[geeks] Firefox regression...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jun 16 17:55:33 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 05:51:08PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> i presume you mean so that ff will ask if you want to restore your
> last session, when you next start it?

Yes.

> kill -9 is overkill for that, if you'll pardon the expression.
> ordinary kill does it too.

Ordinary kill causes FF2 to ask if I'm sure I want to quit with so many
tabs open.  If I say yes, it quits without saving them.  If I say no, it
doesn't quit.

On OSX, if I chose to reboot the system, it send a kill signal to
Firefox, and would then abort the reboot if I didn't answer the question
in a timely manner, or if I said No to FF2's question.  If I said Yes,
the reboot would go through, but the tabs would be lost.