[geeks] Intel Atom MB - Initial Impressions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 11 10:48:20 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 08:36:11AM -0700, Nadine Miller wrote:
> ABit does put out some good stuff.  One of the mobo's of my dad's I sold
> was an ABit OC'ers wet dream--and it was a server board.  Very
> well-regarded in the reviews I looked at to give some context to my eBay
> listing.

I was a big fan of ABit until I ran into one of their boards (this was 7-8
years ago) that didn't provide adequate power to the USB ports - so I had
to hang a powered USB hub off the back of the box for any USB devices that
weren't powered by a wall wart.

My sole "PC" box is built on that ASRock motherboard, and I don't see
myself building another one for 2-3 years at least; a video card upgrade is
the only thing going into that box anytime soon.  It's solely used for
video games; VMWare Fusion on the Mac takes care of everything else
Windows-related.

For Amy's machine, we just always build her system around an Intel board
and chip and never have problems.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford