[geeks] Intel Atom MB - Initial Impressions

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:36:11 CDT 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Mark wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 02:17:41AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>> ASRock is just ABit's lower-end stuff.
>
>> Minor correction - ASRock is a subsidiary of Asus.
>
> In which case I'm more stumped. ASUS have always been good by me.

/me *shrugs*  Not every company puts out good stuff all the time.  My
dad's ASUS mobo we got him back in the late nineties was reliable, but
it was a rev 1 board, and the VIA chipsets on it were crap.  All the
ASUS boards I've had have been very good for my purposes.

ABit does put out some good stuff.  One of the mobo's of my dad's I
sold was an ABit OC'ers wet dream--and it was a server board.  Very
well-regarded in the reviews I looked at to give some context to my
eBay listing.

Rev 1 boards and systems seem to be the most problematic across all
manufacturing lines, IME.

=Nadine=