[geeks] New small Intel Board

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 02:09:57 CDT 2008

On 6 Jun 2008, at 00:02, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I would guess that how well this does with HD depends on having a
> hardware HD compressor and also how well the 945 does at
> accelerating HD
> MPEG2 or H264.

It's roughly the same setup used in the ASUS Eee Box:

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3321&p=1

According to Anand, the 1.6 Atom doesn't have the guts to decode most
HD video and the chipset has no support for it. That's disappointing.
I guess I'll have to look at a low power Core2Duo option instead :(

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>