[geeks] New small Intel Board

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Jun 5 21:43:06 CDT 2008

> I'm very tempted, but then I think about the cost of adding SATA
> drives, DDR2 RAM, a Mini ITX case and all the other stuff and I
> kinda think twice.

Cost?  The board is $80, and it's not like the rest is expensive:

APEX MI-100 Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power
Supply - $56
Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
Model KVR667D2/2GR - $37

And then whatever SATA/PATA stuff you'd like to put in it, which is
also pretty cheap (or you might have lying around), and you could
always use a Micro/Flex/standard ATX case instead, though you'd have
a lot of empty space inside.

- Nate