[geeks] suexec

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 28 11:31:54 CST 2008

from at fu3.org wrote:
> 2008/1/28, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>:
>> Anyone strong in the fu of Apache-2.2 suexec?  I just upgraded from
>> 1.3.41 to 2.2.8, and there's several things I'm having trouble getting
>> working, including suexec.
>
> Might be off-mark, but have you checked whether the group/user/UID
> names have changed from how they were named in 1.3.x?

Some directives have changed, yes.  Already covered that.  The main
problem seems to be Apache "sort of" can't find the suexec binary.  I
say "sort of" can't find, because it behaves differently with it
present, but still insists it isn't there.

> If your current/previous permissions only allow for the 1.3.x stuff to
> roam 'free,' then perhaps you need to open up for the 2.x things, but
> I don't know.

Actually I think I'm going to abandon suexec for now, because for the
cgi I needed it for (dspam.cgi), I can do everything except change
preferences when running it as mosaic, and I shouldn't need to change
preferences any more.

The only remaining thing I want to get working is a couple of custom
ErrorDocument CGIs that worked perfectly under 1.3, work perfectly on
2.28 when loaded directly, but Apache 2.2.8 generates 500 errors when it
calls them as an ErrorDocument.  (But then it doesn't log the error, and
pretends it never happened.)

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.