[geeks] Leopard, was: find - having a senior moment

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 17 11:26:06 CST 2008

nate at portents.com wrote:
>>> Maybe it was the Mac 128K.  I don't >remember clearly any more.
>> Yes, the original Macintosh keyboard was the one without what we now know
>> as 'typical' Mac keys.
>
> Hmm?  I think the only significant thing it was missing, aside from the
> arrow keys and num pad, was the control key (which was 'introduced' on the
> Plus keyboard).

Maybe it was Control.  The point was, they rejected the entire feature
suggestion on the basis that one part of it used an optional modifier
key which wasn't present on one of the by-then-long-obsolete compact
1-bit-display diskless Macs, blithely ignoring that at that point the
*entire OS* was unsupported on that model of Mac because you couldn't
fit a usable OS image on an 800K floppy.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.