[geeks] Mac World announcements...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 16 19:34:38 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I gotta say, looking at it as $229 plus $1.99/episode vs. cost-of-DVR
> plus ridiculous-monthly-cost-of-TV-service, it sounds like a win.

Depends on what you watch.

If I paid $2/episode for what I watch on Miro and standard cable, I'd
go broke with Apple TV.

Besides, I thought Apple's prices were $2-3 for old movies, $4 for new
releases?

That puts them pricier than the more convenient movie rental place
five minutes away.

Good quality movies, really good quality, will take a long time to
download.

Then again, when I compare how much TV I watch and how much I pay for
entertainment to what most others do, I'm stunned at how little I
watch and spend by comparison.

I don't see ow most people have time for the stuff they buy, or how
they afford it.