[geeks] Leopard, was: find - having a senior moment

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:54:23 CST 2008

On 14 Jan 2008, at 21:40, Nadine Miller wrote:

> Btw, how are folks liking the new Leopard?

Just great so far. No major niggles, some minor ones but nothing
that's stopped me enjoying the new features/apps, better speed on
Intel and all-round slickness. I can't wait to see what rolls up in
10.5.2, I think because it's taking it's time that it will hopefully
address a lot of stuff that 10.5.1 didn't.

> Anyone get bit by those
> horrible "mv" bugs?

Any sensible person who has a typically healthy distrust of computers
does a manual copy & delete anyway, incase they suddenly decide to
cancel it halfway thru, or the computer crashes, to prevent you being
stuck with files lost in the ether, and also so you don't have it half
one way and half the other. Yes it's a stupid bug, but really anyone
who trusts a computer to safely *move* files from one device to anther
probably needs a kick in the arse anyway :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>