[geeks] Dual-core Celerons? For Schizzle!

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:31:30 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 10:46 AM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> The 512K-cache Celerons are most likely the 1M non-Celerons where half the
> cache failed QA.
>
> So, turn defective products into lesser-performing profit.
>
> Bill

Or the old "we don't have any orders for the 1M parts, just make the
512k parts this week".

<WayBack>
It is my understanding that this was the process in the old days,
Motorola would test test 6809 wafers at 2Mhz until they filled the
68B09 orders, then test at 1.5Mhz for the 68A09 orders, and then at
1Mhz for the 6809 orders.  Which is why in the latter production years
you could (mostly) run any of them at 2Mhz....

Also, remember the 8Kbit DRAM that had two part numbers depending on
whether you were to use the upper or lower half of the 16Kbit that the
chip was supposed to have?
</WayBack>

--
Dave K