[geeks] Dual-core Celerons? For Schizzle!

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:49:15 CST 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Could be interesting...
>
> Forgot to include comparison link to E2140 CPU (*nearly* the same, but with 1 Meg Cache for $3 more at this retailer):
>
> http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0266759
>
> 5% more expensive for double the cache? Seems like an easy to justify upgrade to me...

That was my first thought when I saw the price.  And I think my E2160
(1.8GHz, although it easily hits 2.4GHz with the stock heatsink if
you're the overclocking type) was only $10 more when I bought it back in
August.  I've been perfectly happy with it so far.  For what I use my
Windows box for my video card (6600GT, and AGP so not really worth
upgrading) is my bottleneck more than anything.