[geeks] Recommendations for a better broadband router

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:06:07 CST 2008

At home, we use Comcast for broadband. About once a month the cable modem
flakes out.  About once a week our broadband router flakes out.  (Answers
pings but can't log into it.)  After big downloads, the router and,
sometimes, the cable modem flake out.  Resetting the cable modem is
power-off cable modem then router; power-on the modem then the router.
Resetting the router is just an off/on.

We are suing a netgear broadband router (<$50).  We previously used a
linksys router.  Neither have the ability to reset the router "over the
wire" and require a trip to the room with the router and cable modem.

We are looking for a broadband router that can be reset (reloaded, rebooted,
etc.) once we are logged into the router.  (This will eliminate most of our
trips.)

What are you recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

hike