[geeks] FS: nVidia 7300GS, Athlon64 3200+

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jan 10 10:27:48 CST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:11:15AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I like the Yaesu FT-101E series of radios, but nice ones can be pricey... I
> bought one for 11 meter(0) use a long time ago and have held on to it for
> if/when I get my no-code General upgrade...

It should not be too difficult. The questions are all published,
and there is plenty of on line training software. My wife studied
for her no-code tech license by using a program we bought from
Radio Shack (back when they actually sold ham stuff).

It put on the screen a random question from the test and if
you picked the wrong answer it explained the correct one.

She would take a test and then play a game of pinball
(Crystal Caliburn, if you remember that one). The combination
of the explanations and reward worked for her.

Note that she has never had any math beyond basic algebra, and
no high school science classes at all. She was able to go through
high school and college (masters+60) with never having to take one.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838