[geeks] Java Workstation - Windows Trouble...

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Jan 4 09:52:55 CST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 3:20 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

<snip>

> On the other hand, I hope someday to get a bigger hard drive, more RAM
> (if possible) and some sort of WiFi for my Tadpole 3GX. :-)

Using a SCSI->IDE adaptor, I've got an 80 gig HD in my 3GX.  There are
128 Meg kits available for them, though they are hard to find.  I've
got a set, and no, I'm not parting with it right now. :)

Have you been following the NetBSD/sparc dev?  It now runs quite
nicely on the Sparcbook 3GX, accelerated 8/16/32bit X11, audio,
PCMCIA, etc.  I have had mine online with a Dell TrueMobile card
(using the wi() driver).  I've not tried the newly released 4.0 yet,
but I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

> Of all the laptops I've ever used, I prefer it's screen (which is only
> 800x600) and keyboard.

I agree, I really like my sparcbook's display.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org