[geeks] Need Advice

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:47:57 CST 2008

----Original Message-----
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>Confucius say, "Don't ever buy a
motherboard with integrated video
unless you either absolutely can't avoid it, or plan to use the onboard
video for the life of the machine."  I've never once seen onboard
integrated video that didn't cause problems if you wanted to use a
better add-in video card.

--------------------------------------

I've had exactly 50/50 on 4 boards. 2 were a total nightmare, 2  have worked
with add-on AGP cards flawlessly. Depends on the manufacturer.

As far as the original poster's system goes, check you have attached the
auxiliary power cable (should be a hard drive molex plug on AGP) to the
GeForce card. 7600s require one AFAIK (seen 2 - both had the plug). Some cards
handle it more gracefully than others.

Also, if you are running an AMD I'd say 300Watts was way too little,
especially as you have a powerful Graphics card and a decent slab of RAM.

--
Mark Benson