[geeks] Plunge: NEC display on the way

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 3 19:02:49 CST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 7:26 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 03:19:50PM -0500, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> I open the calibrator, and it is impossible to set brightness low
>>> enough to make the apple logo disappear, which is what you are
>>> supposed to do.
>>
>> I hate Apple's color calibration.  I use SuperCal instead.
>>
>> www.bergdesign.com/supercal/
>
> I think Apple's calibration is simply invalid for a lot of modern
> displays.
>
> I just tried SuperCal, and it was going great until the part where it
> sets the gamma.
>
> The screen went to a very bright, washed out look and it told me to
> look at an image and drag the mouse around until it looked good.

[ snip ]

Ran it again, same thing.

SuperCal is pretty badly broken.  When it hits the optional white
balance screen, it does something horribly wrong with the color profile.

Is there any way to edit a color profile?

Maybe if I added values that appear to be missing or corrupted based
on the fairly good color profile I already created?