[geeks] 24 inch monitors

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jan 1 11:40:21 CST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 2:11 AM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>

>> But, if I get the 24" monitor, then I have enough left over for a new
>> camera... :)
>
> Still or motion?  Film or digital?

Still images.

I like experimenting with video, but I have a lot more to learn there,
and can't afford the nicer cameras.

Still image cameras are coming down in price.

I'm very tempted by the Nikon D40 dSLR.  You can get them for around
$500 with a boring but useful lens, and a 22-200mm lens is only $250.
Pretty versatile.

My current main camera is a Panasonic/Leica FZ20, and it has a 12X
zoom that does f2.8 all the way out.

If I get a dSLR I'll initially miss the 12x zoom, but in a year or so
I could be able to get a big zoom by saving money.