[geeks] Via PC-1

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Feb 28 15:13:59 CST 2008

Perhaps I was the only person who wondered this, but I'm going to guess
that others did as well.

I got the Via PC-1 from Lionel, and I tried sticking it in a 1U
chassis.  The result is that the sound connectors stick up too high.  If
one was inclined to desolder the connectors, this would fit just
nicely.  Unlike the LV and LV2 boards that have been mentioned, there is
no problem on this one with the heatsink/fan being too tall.

This board is destined for a desktop chassis, as soon as I get one.

However, I am still tempted by the idea of getting one to rack mount.  I
could remove the sound connectors, and stick it in a chassis with a
flash drive, 2x matched SATA drives, and a FC card to use as a SATA SAN
drive.