[geeks] [FS/FT] Via PC-1 (PC2500E) MB/CPU - $30 + s/h

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Feb 26 08:18:05 CST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 06:19:38AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Joshua jumped on it in less than a minute[0], and the last time this MB
> was discussed on the list you seemed interested, but since you'd need to
> secure "the rest of the PC" to have something functional and had no
> money, it didn't seem to make sense (unless I was willing to give you a
> case, PS, and RAM for the unit)...

Yeah - that makes sense.  I'm not mad, or anything at ALL like that, just a
"Oh, dammit!" 8-)

> [2] If you can make use of a small Via C7-based system (800 MHz CPU,
> CD-ROM, floppy w/o RAM or HD) I'll send it out to you as a consolation
> gift. I posted about this earlier[3] but got no takers...

I can, actually.  I can scrape up the rest of the parts out of junk
piles at work, and that should run Solaris 10 and rsnapshot just fine
I think.

It's been a shitty week.

Last Monday (a week ago), Amy (my wife) got put in the hospital.  She's
okay, but won't be out until this Thursday or Friday.  I've been driving 62
miles round-trip after work every day (resulting in about $20/day in gas
and tolls) to visit her.  My normal commute to work is 5 miles round-trip.

Last Wednesday, I had to rush Max [0] to the emergency vet; he'd gotten bit
by a snake or spider and had a badly infected paw/leg.  The ER vet and then
my normal vet did all he could, but other problems came up and I had to put
him to sleep yesterday morning. 8-(

dammit, now I'm crying again.

Bill

[0] http://www.mrbill.net/max