[geeks] Flash wear leveling

Alois Hammer aloishammer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:33:51 CST 2008

Good to know.  Thanks.

I was guessing there might be a problem with memory controllers vs.
performance.  I noticed that the SDHC Classes (as in, say, Class 6)
merely guarantee write speed onto empty media.

The other thing I'm trying to find out about is whether the SD Card
Association has any plans to push SDHC higher than Class 6.  So far, I
haven't heard even a flicker of information on that -- leaving SD 1.1
king of the hill in write speed, at least until you get into CFv3 or
CFv4 cards, or expensive USB flash drives.