[geeks] FORSALE: 400GB Seagate SATA drive (update)

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:18:48 CST 2008

On 13 Feb 2008, at 23:05, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:53:24PM -0500, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> This drive is brand new and sells for $105 at newegg.
>
> You can get HItachi 500G drives for $99-101 at NewEgg.  That's
> insane that
> 100G less sells for $105.

I've noticed recently Seagate have started putting a premium on their
Barracuda discs. For the first time in almost a decade I went for a
pair of Western Digital SATA drives when I put 2 500s in the Mac Pro
because they were almost 10 GBP cheaper a drive, and they are quieter
and faster than the 7200.10 and 7200.9 Barracudas in it already too.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>