[geeks] hidden files and sftp

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 12 12:06:06 CST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 3:28 AM, Chris H. wrote:

> 2008/2/12, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>:
>
> With what you're planning to do, will the clients be hard-locked to
> use _your_ "ls -a[h]", or plainly; your set of local programs, any
> which can act as directory-listers?
>
> If, then maybe you could either re-compile all listing apps (make the
> clients recompiled "which ls" exist in a path= variable exclusive to
> them,) or make it illegal through the config-files for everything that
> can list dirs to 'see' dotfiles, (well, I don't know..)

That's even more work than the other suggestions... :)

I really just wanted to know if I could easily make sftp unable to see
the hidden files.

Anything more complicated than that is a new project since I have
plenty of other higher priority things to do.

One primary goal and reason for using FreeBSD is to do as little
modification to it as possible.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com