[geeks] PDF creation

Chris H. fu3.org at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:23:46 CST 2008

2008/2/9, Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org>:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 04:38:24PM -0500, Eric Railine wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 2008 1:23 PM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone here have any experience with PDF creation software for windows
> > > other than Adobe Acrobat?  It looks like there are at least two
> > > different projects called "PDFCreator"
> > > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ and
> > > http://www-pdfcreator.com/).  Does anyone know how well these work, and
> > > if their output is comparable to Adobe Acrobat?
> >
> > I've used PDFCreator (the Sourceforge link, also at pdfforge.org) for
> > over 3 years at a couple different locations.

I use PDFCreator (with 'unprecedented' results) on my XP-box. - For
the OS X workstation it is the Quartz Engine all the way, of course,
since it's included on there.

Both come from the GhostScript engine, if I'm not completely off.
(-PDFCreator does atleast, so it's not completely "fly-by -tech" in
any case..)

If you need a joiner-slash-splitter for PDF's try combining PDFCreator
with an util called pdfsam; - it's java, but it works for
adding/removing pages at will, if you will.

(Hope it works out for you; - it doesn't have to cost much.)
--
< http://whorehou.se/ >