[geeks] I was wrong (big 2.5" PATA drives)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 3 20:38:12 CST 2008

>From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/02/03 Sun PM 08:16:17 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] I was wrong (big 2.5" PATA drives)

<snip>

>a few years back best buy pledged to drop rebates on their computer
>offerings.
>they have steadily moved toward that goal.

Best Buy got caught "profiling" customers that only bought items on rebate and
was working to limit offers made to them - there was a great outcry from the
public about this (among folks that, you know, mainly bought stuff that was on
sale w/rebates) - this pushed Best Buy to reconsider rebates, IIRC.

Rebates are stoopid, but sometimes the deals make them worthwhile...

Lionel