[geeks] Weird MacOS issue

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Dec 24 02:54:31 CST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 20:41:32 +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> So when Rick refers to the File Allocation Table as a FAT he gets
> away with it, and when I do it you assume I'm referring to FATx
> filesystems used in Windows.

The trouble with using the wrong acronym is that it sets a little flag
in my mind saying 'don't treat this guy seriously he might be wrong
elsewhere too'. I suppose "superblock" could just about be claimed as a
generic term seeing as it is used for many different Unix filesystems
although it is stretching a point.

And sometimes people get shot because they're standing in the way of
the people who need to get shot at :)

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head