[geeks] Silent computing

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 21:33:59 CST 2008

Can't you just start ripping parts out of your current workstation and
netboot it to emulate a Sunray terminal?

My Shuttle KPC K45 barebones arrived earlier this week, I'm going to stuff
2x 1TB "green" SATA drives in it and run it headless 24x7 - it has a 100
Watt PSU and should handle it just fine. I'm thinking that should be a
"fairly" quiet desktop/server (but not SILENT).[0]

Lionel

[0] http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/K45.html - $100 at newegg.com,
$180 for the K48 with PCIe x1 not PCI and an external 5 1/4" drive bay (see:
http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/K48.html)