[geeks] Little Falls 2 System Power Consumpion Question

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Tue Dec 9 04:21:36 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 07:20:31PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:
> There's a lot of chatter about the noise generated by that 40mm fan on
> the osx86 fora, since that is a popular board to turn into a hackintosh.
> Some suggest just putting an 80mm in there pointing at the side of the
> heat sink, others recommend an after-market 40mm that I don't have the
> link for at the moment.

My fan started whining shortly after I got the board, but thankfully the
whine has gone away for now. I'm not really in the mood for replacing it at
the moment as doing so will require me taking the motherboard out the case,
etc (I really do hate working on PeeCees...).

Zalman have a northbridge heatsink (the ZN-NBF47) that apparently works
well with Atom boards, but it requires a case with enough vertical
clearance, which mine doesn't have.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner