[geeks] Best place to buy new (or nearly-new) Sun kit...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Dec 1 14:33:56 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:07:36PM -0500, John Francini wrote:
> In my capacity as an obtainer of things tech for $WORK, I've been asked
> to buy a couple of Sun Netra servers (SPARC, not Intel) with PCIe buses.
> Having zero experience with buying Sun kit, I'm wondering whether it's
> better to buy such directly from Sun, or to go through a reseller.  If
> the latter, is there a decent one in New England that you can recommend?

Anysystem.com.  John Butler and his folks are Good People.  Tell them I
sent you. 8-)

Not only are they one of the best Sun resellers around, John has been a
long-time supporter of SunHELP (almost ten years now) and the Sun community
in general.  Up until the last couple of systems, SunHELP ran on equipment
from Anysystem, and I've got a 1U x86 box sitting in my living room right
now from them that's going to be the Jumpstart server when I reinstall the
T1000 and move stuff onto it to retire the E420R.

Also recommended is Bill Sweeney @ Acclinet.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford