[geeks] Photo "sharing" site recemondations please.

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 27 20:38:40 CDT 2008

On Apr 27, 2008, at 21:03 , James Fogg wrote:

>>> My wife would like to be able to post photographs to a web site and
>>> have her friends and family be able to download or view them. It's
> not
>>> for the general public, but I doubt there would be anything that
>>> she would want to hide.
>>
>> Is there any reason not to go straight to flickr?
>

> There is now. I'm a Flickr fan, but it's a Yahoo property, which means
> it'll be a Microsoft property in about a year.

They also started putting in video services, which I think sucks.

flickr has always been great precisely because it didn't do anything
else, and try to be an idiotic everything site like the rest.

The video stuff can't be easily disabled, and site performance has
been down ever since they turned it on.

The quality of what you find on there is, naturally, even lower now.

But, until it really goes to hell, it's the nicest site out there
except for a few which cost a lot.

I might move to one of them anyway.