[geeks] Some VMWare tech support...

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Sun Apr 20 08:17:35 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Lionel Peterson
<lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>  My money is on "bridged networking" for the two VMs - I suspect your VMs are sending all their packets  out over the hardware ethernet port, causing the host machine (Windows XP) firewall to interfere...

Error between keyboard and chair. The default RHEL Vmware appliance
I'm using comes pre-configured with a firewall, that is blocking the
port I need. Some changes to iptables later and we're in business.

This poor Thinkpad T61. I think I need 4GB of RAM and 4 cores for my laptop.