[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Apr 15 10:51:25 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> The way the market is supposed to work, those idiots should lose their
> homes and some money, and the houses should sell at lower prices to
> people who are more careful with their money.

The trouble with this is that more than a few people are in situations
where they can't really afford to buy enough house for their family, but
they can't afford *not* to buy either.  Try finding an apartment with
more than three bedrooms.

(Hell, try finding almost any apartment *at all* where you can live with
your kids and not get continual nastygrams and fines every time one of
your kids throws a tantrum.  One of our neighbors at the condo we were
renting in Hudson would pre-emptively file a noise complaint against
*us* every time *HER* kid threw a late-night tantrum or she and her kid
got into a screaming fight.  What's worse, most of the time it worked;
we got the nastygram instead of her, because she was an owner and we
were just renters, so we weren't entitled to actually talk to the HOA.)

What, you want to rent a house big enough for you and your kids, and pay
less than it'd cost you to buy it?  Good luck with that.  Renting a
house, you've got to be paying the owners' mortgage AND their profit margin.

If you have a family and can't easily afford a house, you're between a
rock and a hard place in most housing markets, especially if you had to
move to get a job.  You have a very limited range of choices, and pretty
much all of them are bad.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.