[geeks] drive cage fan for Dell T105 server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 19:31:53 CDT 2008

>From: "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall at telenet.be>
>Date: 2008/04/11 Fri PM 01:05:03 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] drive cage fan for Dell T105 server

>Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>| The Dell T105 server I bought did not come with a fan for the drive
>| cage.  The lower hard drive runs too hot as a result.
>|
>| You only get the fan if you order the SAS version, which of course is
>| stupid, but there it is.
>|
>| I need to get one of those fans, and I can't figure out how from Dell's
>| website, and they are not answering my queries about it.
>|
>| Anyone have any idea?
>|
>| It uses a 5-pin connector like an audio cable, though probably only 3
>| are active.
>|
>| Alternately, if I knew the pinout, I could just get a 50mm fan (I've not
>| actually measured it, I'm guessing, and install my own.
>|
>I am shure that one could easely figure that one out with some trail &
>error.. e.i. try all the combinations. Or just get the specs to the
>board on in that system.

Ha Ha, you crack me up! "just get the specs to the board (in) that system" - it is a custom MB.

I have a question into Tech Support at Dell to find out the part number for that particular fan - I am nearly positive that it will be a seperately orderable part for a reasonable price (relatively speaking). Once I get the info I'll order a fan for my box and then post to the list...

Lionel