[geeks] PC MACLAN?????

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Apr 6 01:27:56 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 01:07:22AM -0500, Erie Patsellis wrote:
> Pretty much what I'm doing here at home, I'm using my SME server/gateway
> as a dropbox, but I have to move everything over to the studio Monday,
> and I'd like to have a more transparent solution, I've already had to go
> the wireless bridge route to be able to use 802.X networking since there
> seems to be no cards supported by os9, natively or otherwise, without a
> seemingly lot of magic wand waving (and praying..) At least I got my
> AC&NC jetstor array finally running, what a pita, and total lack of
> support, as a non-original purchaser, pretty much figured it out on my own.

Are you talking about laptops or desktops? I have no trouble using
Orinoco (the original WaveLan ones, not the recent re-use of the brand)
chipset PCMCIA cards under OS7.6-OS9.22.

If your laptop is a Wallstreet or later, you can use the Airport drivers,
but the generic ones can be found. The last version of the Airport drivers
have the added bonus of automaticly upgrading your card from "silver"
(40/64 bit WEP) to "Gold" (40/64 and 128 bit WEP).

If it's a desktop, I have no idea. :-(

Geoff.