[geeks] Dell T105 server arrives

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Apr 2 17:07:45 CDT 2008

" From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" I don't split drives up as much as I used to.
"
" /tmp is almost always in memory now, and that used to be the biggest
" PITA when someone filled it up.
"
" My last Solaris install was:
"
" big /
" 4GB /var
" RAM /tmp
" enough /export/home for server users, all other users go in /u

yeah, my present setup is /, /var, /export, and swap, with tmpfs /tmp
limited to 512M.

i think i'd choose another name for /u, but i get the logic.

i also mount random data i want to export, like my patch reservoir and
jumpstart home, in /export.