[geeks] Solaris 10 patching...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 1 23:54:05 CDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 00:06 , Brian Dunbar wrote:

> We use smpatch at work and don't use a GUI to configure it.  Am I
> missing something that I could be doing different?

When I run the program I get a message telling me to run /usr/bin/
updatemanager.

The man page doesn't list any options to input user and password.

Does it go in a configuration file somewhere?

Do you have a paid support contract?  If you do, then it is likely you
registered your machine, which will also make smpatch work.

Plus, I think you can use some feature without being registered or
without supplying authentication, such as installing patch files and
directories.  In fact, I know you can because that's how I updated
today.

But I can't run the program and use the automated features, at least
not yet.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com