[geeks] KVM switch recommendations

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 16:19:05 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/09/24 Mon PM 02:44:04 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] KVM switch recommendations

>I need to get a KVM to switch among 2 primary systems.  Actually more,
>but I think I'm going to just focus on the two main systems and deal
>with the rest later.
>
>Basically, I need a DVI/USB KVM to switch between a Mac and a PC.
>
>Ideally it needs to handle 1900x1200 in case I get a 24" widescreen.

Take a look here:

http://www.provantage.com/iogear-gcs1764~7IOGR080.htm

$170 for four system DVI KVM, supports 1920x1200 and includes cabling (suports Sun, Mac, PC, Linux, etc.)... Aso does USB and Audio sharing.

Buy.com has it for a few dollars more, but includes free shipping (search for GCS1764).

Vendor link: http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GCS1764

Lionel