[geeks] Audio Channel Identification

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Wed Sep 19 16:15:37 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:30:02PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

| Anyone have an audio file that plays through each channel one at a time?
|   I need to hook a subwoofer to my video editing rig, and I can't tell
| which output is for the sub.  There's an output labeled
| "Center/Subwoofer" in the manual, but I don't know if the "right
| channel" side of the stereo pin is the sub, or if it's the "left
| channel" side.

Just fire up your favorite mp3 player and play with the balance
control -- all the way left = signal comes out of the left speaker if
all is set up properly.

Or have I misunderstood the problem?

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
The thunder was ominous sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet
of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.