[geeks] Audio Channel Identification

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 19 11:38:07 CDT 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:30:02 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have an audio file that plays through each channel one at a time?
>   I need to hook a subwoofer to my video editing rig, and I can't tell
> which output is for the sub.  There's an output labeled
> "Center/Subwoofer" in the manual, but I don't know if the "right
> channel" side of the stereo pin is the sub, or if it's the "left
> channel" side.

Have you tried hooking them up to a synthesizer that can do this, or use a
program like csound?

csound is supposed to be able to generate all kinds of sounds, so maybe it
can do what you need.

Of course, I don't know of anything offhand that can generate dolby encoded
sound, which might be what you need.

You can't find documentation on your speakers?

Maybe if you gave what information we have, one of us would know or could
find it.

--
shannon           | We are all of us in the gutter, some of us looking at the