[geeks] FYI: Low-cost x86 1U server barebones on eBay

John Francini francini at mac.com
Fri Sep 14 06:50:14 CDT 2007

I suppose that the alternative might be to stick a PCI IDE card in
the unit and connect the CD/DVD into that.

It doesn't appear as though there's a permanent spot for a cd/dvd in
that system, though, which is unfortunate.

However, there is USB 2.0 on the unit, so, BIOS-willing, an external
USB CD/DVD could be used.