[geeks] FS: Compaq Deskpro EN

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 14:20:34 CDT 2007

This is a small form factor PC with three PCI slots, an 866 MHz P3 CPU, 30 Gig HD, CD-R/W drive, floppy, and 256 Meg RAM.

I just performed a fresh install of WinXP Pro on this box and am updating it as I type this.

I had planned on dedicating this box as a music server for my home, but other, more appropriate boxes have made themselves available, so this is no longer needed.

This would make a great smoothwall firewall/router (I just made one out of a Dell Optiplex GX110, but it only has 2x PCI slots - this has three, allowing you to add up to three low-cost Ethernet cards and build up a firewall device for little money).

Price, I don't know - how about $60 shipped continental US? I'm open to offers, but there's very little I *need*.

If interested, please contact me off-list.

Lionel