[geeks] FFx *extension* performance issues

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Sat Sep 8 23:29:42 CDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: geeks-bounces at sunhelp.org [mailto:geeks-bounces at sunhelp.org] On Behalf
Of Michael-John Turner
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 6:31 PM
To: The Geeks List
Subject: Re: [geeks] FFx *extension* performance issues

Isn't SCSI for older Macs a bit of a PITA? I did some research on it for
one of my systems and found ATIO to be pretty much the only game in town
and their newer cards seem to still be pretty expensive on ePay. And the
older UW/U2W cards (fine for my purposes) don't have drivers for Tiger,
IIRC.

-----

I have an adaptec card in one machine here that is running mac os 10.4, I
just can't boot off it, I can read and write to the drive fine. (I haven't
booted the beast in a while, but I'm pretty sure it's 10.4 on it.