[geeks] keyboards for Mac

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Sep 3 21:45:19 CDT 2007

On 04/09/2007, at 01:24, N. Miller wrote:

> keyboard.  I am looking at the Cherry keyboards, but none of the
> places with reasonable prices have it in stock at the moment.

I have an SMK-88 Mac keyboard with Cherry switches, and I'm very
happy with it.  No switching keycaps or setting preferences, which is
a MAJOR pain in the ass if you're using an external keyboard with a
laptop.  The preferences are universal for the user, and not device-
specific.  Unfortunately, it's on backorder at http://
www.notestation.com/smk-88.htm

Once I had it on my desk, though, I discovered that there is now a
Mac-specific Happy Hacking Lite 2.  If I'd known of it at the time,
it would be sitting on my desk instead of the SMK.

The only place I can find it charges a bit more than I paid for my
Cherry-switch SMK...
http://www.ergonomicsmadeeasy.com/index.asp?
PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=23

---sambo