[geeks] keyboards for Mac

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Sep 3 16:43:07 CDT 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> That usually refers to "multi-media" keys, to, say, control DVD
> playback, change volume on speakers, etc.

The volume keys on a Sun keyboard will DTRT on a Mac.

That Apple's own new keyboard (which is very-much worth the $45 price of
admission) requires fairly substantial drivers for its own special
function keys:

    http://jonathan.celestrion.net/stuff/apple-wtf.png

Yes, I know it includes an updated Dock.app, but still, that's way over
the top.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )
Elgin, TX            (      "I detest logging filesystems."