[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Sep 3 15:00:05 CDT 2007

> My wife & I just got back from a small town in CT, and the local paper had an
> interesting "new school year" feature: They put the new teachers names, photos,
> educational background, subject to be taught and salary (along with "FTE"
> inication, "FTE" is a Full Time Equivalent indicator)...
>
> Lionel

Oh boy.  Some would be upset with the salary info being public but that is public information.  But a FTE?  Sounds like one system I knew that used to give teachers three or four classes instead of five then refuse tenure when they reached their three years and a day.
During a strike, one local town printed the salary guide to embaress the teacher's union.  The next day the union printed the salary guide of the board members.  That was an eye-opener.

Bob