[geeks] Mechanical Aptitude Test...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 31 15:45:06 CDT 2007

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> 92% here.  I missed 22,25,44, and 48.  I would have went back and
> changed 22 after seeing the following questions, but i had already
> submitted it, so it was too late.  I've always thought that i could be a
> mechanic if the whole computer thing didn't work out.  Maybe i should
> start tearing cars apart.

Finally got around to this myself.  96%, one error because I missed one
key word in the question, one question (the piston-engine-intake
question) that I dispute because NONE of the available answers is
*completely* correct.  Both outside atmospheric pressure AND downward
motion of the piston to draw air into the cylinder are required to fill
the cylinder.  If the piston's not moving to create a partial vacuum,
the air's just gonna sit there.  If there's no atmospheric pressure, the
piston can draw down as hard as it likes, ain't no air gonna enter the
cylinder.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.