[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Oct 31 02:53:10 CDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:39:38 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> See also Neville Chamberlain waving his stupid piece of paper and
> proclaiming "peace in our time" as the stormclouds gathered.

I sometimes wonder if he didn't deliberately go down in history as an
idiot to gain some time.

Despite what was said in public about "peace in our time", the UK
government was frantically re-arming and prohibiting soldiers from
resigning (my grandfather attempted to resign in 1938) before, during,
and after "peace in our time".

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Power corrupts; Powerpoint corrupts absolutely.